SIGCLE is committed to thorough research on various issues affecting the girl child and how they can be effectively tackle.
Most less privileged people in the rural communities of Nigeria especially the Northern part of Nigeria are economically handicapped to obtain health care services. Among these groups, cases of mortality are mostly because of issues that would have otherwise been handled without much finance. Hence, Sapphire Initiative for Girl Child Literacy and Empowerment has undertaken to:
- To organise awareness campaigns in rural communities to enlighten the girl child, women and people living with disabilities about health and hygiene-related issues such as: vascular virginal fistula (VVF), female genital mutilation, HIV/AIDS etc;
- To provide health care services as succour to persons living with disabilities, women and the girl child in rural communities.
- To scale-up nutrition awareness in rural communities in Nigeria.
Among our intervention in this area include:
- Sensitization and Health intervention in collaboration with Society for Family Health in Mararaba FCT Abuja. 2017
- Sensitization and distribution of Free Malaria drugs in IDP Camp Durumi. 2018
- Sensitization and free HIV Screening and medical intervention and distribution of free treated mosquito net to 200 women in Chika Community, FCT. 2018.